Monday, December 24, 2012

The Next Best Thing



The Next Big Thing
1. What is the title of your book?
Rage
2.  How did you come by the idea?
The idea came to me as I observed the discordance between the law and psychiatry and its tragic consequences. These problems are ever more poignant in the light of recent events.
3. What genre does your book fall under?
 A psychological thriller/mystery.
4. Which actors would you choose to play your characters if it were a movie?
Robin Williams has played psychiatrists before. I can easily see him as a forensic psychiatrist.
5. What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?
When normal people act violently, we need answers.
6. Will your book be self-published or traditional?
Self -published.
7. How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?
The first draft took four months. The novel has taken many forms: screenplay, proposal for miniseries, and continuing TV drama.
8.  What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?
Innovative like Robin Cook, but better written. Michael Palmer & Tess Gerritsen.
9.. Who or what inspired you to write this book?
I like novels that pose an intriguing, yet unanswerable question. Human behavior is the ultimate one. This gives me the opportunity to entertain while watching my characters deal with the question.  I try to hold off the answer  as long as possible.
10. What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest?
In Rage, as in my other novels, I strive to entertain, and to share with the readers my thoughts and experiences as a physician. These are lessons too often learned the hard way.
What is the title of your book?
The Speed of Dark. It's an anthology.

No comments: